Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Great Eastern Trail



This is huge. After years of work and planning, the Great Eastern Trail will be ready for the first through-hikers this spring. The trail passes through Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Kentucky, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New York. The GET is 1600 miles long, but with its links to the Florida, North Country, Potomac Heritage and Appalachian National Scenic Trails, this major new trail system connects more than 10,000 miles of eastern footpaths. Read all about it!

1 comment:

Screwy Hoolie said...

Great blog. Wow. I'm so excited to learn about this trail. How did I not know this was coming? Just incredible.

Aaaaaaand...Thanks for the Grow Your Own Home post. I've been having this conversation with a friend for years and now you show me the real thing.

I'll look forward to meeting you at the next BlogAsheville gathering!